Today was the preschool open house. The kids have really been looking forward to preschool starting, unfortunately this wasn't really class... it was just a time to meet the teachers and poke around the class a little bit. I think it's purpose is to ease kids' anxiety about going to preschool, not really something my kids need! But we went anyway, they had fun poking around at the toys and such. Kayda was upset last year when I told her she wouldn't be going back to her old preschool. Once we got closer to starting this year that has pretty much gone away. I'm an overly picky mom and her old preschool was just NOT holding up to my standards!
I tried to get some pictures of them before going but they kept making their horses "talk" so I couldn't get any good ones.
Here are some pictures at the class, it's three rooms! Dillon will be in the 3 year old class with Miss Donna, it's the "bumblebee" class. Kayda will be in the 4 year old class with Miss Brenda, they're the "frogs". They will have some time together for free play but the two classes split up for "academics". I was excited to hear that they made the distinction and actually have structured learning time as opposed to being more of a play group. Hopefully they will make some new friends! The first day is next week, then Carson and I will have 2.5 hours of bonding time just the two of us, though I'm going to miss my big kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment