Thursday, August 29, 2013

At the Gun Range with Papa G!

Since retiring Papa G has picked up a new hobby, he likes to go visit the gun range.  So he brought me, I had a good old time.  Then I decided the kids should go too, before school starts.  So we brought Kayda and Dillon to the gun range so they could try their hand at a kid's 22 rifle.  
 Ear and Eye Protection... Check!

 Loading the rifle

 This little lady was a pretty good shot!  She got two bullseyes in the course of the day!

 Papa talked through all the mechanics of the gun before each kid shot.  Here he is explaining how to hold the rifle against your shoulder.  Between bebe gun practice and hearing all the rules about guns over and over again I have NO worries about these kiddos going to the gun range with Papa G.

 Ready...Aim...Fire!

 The target was at ten yards. 

 Dillon was done shooting after 10 shots.  So he and I played with the camera... and picked blackberries... and balanced on curbs in the parking lot.


 I think Kayda could've shot quite happily for hours.  Maybe she and Papa G can go out to the gun range alone sometime and shoot side by side.  She's quite competent.  
 Here is the target both Kayda and Dillon shot at.  Dillon's is just up and to the right of the center.  If he had the patience I'm sure he would've gotten a bullseye too. 

 She wanted to shoot standing up too. 

 This target is all Kayda.  It started at 25 yards but she liked having it closer so she eventually pulled it back up to ten. 


 After the kids were done shooting Papa G and I got to go shoot trap.  Kayda loved loading it!



Dillon handed us the shells!  They had a BLAST watching us shoot trap.  The each had their little jobs and probably would've done it quite happily for some time yet!

No comments: