Dillon is trying desperately to crawl! Last Saturday he did it for the first time, managing to move forward about 6 inches. Then today he decided to do a repeat performance! He managed to make it about a foot, maybe more. Of course when I saw him and ran to get the video camera he decided he would much rather be in mommy's arms so he started crying and wouldn't stop. Yesterday he also stood, perfectly balanced for about 5 seconds without holding on to anything or anyone! The little guy is on the move. I'm excited but it's kind of weird having my little baby boy becoming so active when he's always been such a mellow little snuggler. Fortunately he isn't abandoning his snuggling ways and his favorite place is still in someone's arms.
Meanwhile little miss Kayda is adding to the animal noises that she knows and refers to the animals based on the noises they make. The other day she selected her pajamas that have dogs on them by saying "woof woof". I would ask her, "what's on your 'jamas" and she would say "woof woof" again. She says "mum" now instead of "mama" which I had a hard time with at first and today she actually talked to her daddy on the phone as opposed to sitting there and listening to him talk. She has also added "ice", "bubble" and "apple" to her vocabulary. She's getting interested. I want her to talk but at the same time I want her to slow down. Talking just seems like she's getting so big and I'm trying to adjust to that phase!
2 comments:
Yay for the babies! The talking phase is so much fun! I love having Mason being able to talk to us. It's so neat to listen to them grow.
Ooh, so fun that Dillon is getting around. That seems so quick that he's gone from nothing to crawling! He'll be running in no time. And I can't believe that Kayda is adding words that quickly. Fun!
Post a Comment