Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kiss it all better...

When Kayda gets hurt Brian and I act like the typical parents. We snatch her up, snuggle her in and smother her with kisses until she feels better. Well, apparently Kayda has picked up on it and enjoys it. She pinched her finger and it hurt just enough for her to whimper a little, not enough for me to come running for our ouchie routine. When I didn't come running she walked over to me, still whimpering and stuck her finger to my lips so that I would kiss it. Once I'd given it a few kisses she stopped whimpering and went right back to playing. I guess mom's really do have the power to kiss it all better! Needless to say I was very pleased with myself that she wanted me to do that for her. At least she knows we love her! Hopefully Dillon will learn this too, it's one of those things that just makes you feel all warm and gooshy inside!

1 comment:

Shelly Benson said...

That is so sweet! I was talking with a friend the other day who's husband doesn't want her to rush to her child when he gets hurt... I guess to toughen him up. I'm completely opposite as I love giving cuddles and kisses like you when my little guy is upset. Now, I feel validated in doing it, so thanks for sharing!