Monday, July 29, 2013

Backyard S'mores!

We have thoroughly been enjoying our backyard.  Swing set, pool, sandbox, hammock... what more could you want.  Oh I know!  A FIRE PIT!!! Bwahahahaha!!!  I've been wanting a backyard fire pit since we got our first house.  Well, I finally decided on a location and the fact that the rocks I had would work just fine so that's what we did yesterday.  We spent a good 4 hours fixing a friends sink and installing a new garbage disposal then came home and Cindus and I worked on digging out the pit while Daddy went to get Brutis (Kayda does NOT do well without that horse) and some firewood.  By the time he got back we just had to cover up our gravel "drain" and place the rocks around the outside.   Of course, we HAD to test it out last night since it was a nice cool evening.  We sat around our nice warm firm and roasted marshmallows on a sharpened stick since we didn't have our skewers!  It was a WONDERFUL evening.  Now I just need to get a tent and the kids can camp out in the backyard with Daddy!




No comments: