Mingo is a rainforest species. He likes water, it's really good for his skin and feathers actually. I have many memories of taking showers, even baths with him. Today was a first for him. He took a shower JUST with Kayda and Carson. There was, of course, adult supervision (since he can get crabby). Kayda and Carson both LOVED it!
Mingo usually loves to be blow dried. It made him a little nervous doing it in Carson's lap though (since Carson is very eager to touch Mingo, constantly). Carson did a great job keeping his hands back.
Unfortunately after about a minute Carson decided he would rather have the hair dryer than the bird... so we switched.
I told Kayda stories from when I was a teenager and Mingo would occasionally sleep on my pillow. Now she's decided that she wants him to spend the night in her room. I'm not ready for that but she loves having "special time" just her and Mingo. I put him on his perch with some munchies and then put it in her room so she can color, write stories, sing to him, etc just the two of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment