Tonight Dillon had a couple of firsts! He was having a hard time settling down so I left him in his crib with the lights off. I went back in when he got upset and he was just sitting up in his crib... I'm not sure if he got to sitting from laying down or if he used the crib railings. I laid him down and he was still squirmy so I left again. I went back in to check on him and he was STANDING UP in the crib!!! YAY Dillon! I laid him down again, patted him, he was still wiggling like crazy so I left again and guess what he did! He PUT HIMSELF TO SLEEP!!! I wasn't even in the room!!! Hurray Dillon! Now if he could repeat that it would be fantastic!
Kayda is doing pretty well going to sleep again. She was getting pretty dependent on us coming in and calming her down again but we're breaking that habit. She has added a new thing she likes to do before she goes to bed. It's not every night but it's pretty consistent. First a little background. On Monday we got together with her cousins (Ella, Peyton, Mikey, Jarret and Chase). Ella had a highchair for her doll which Kayda LOVED. So when we got home I turned an extra basket I had into a little "bassinet" for her baby doll. Well she is very attached now and likes to tuck the baby in at night and then wants the baby in the basket, in her bed with her. It was very cute!
1 comment:
Oh the freedom you get when they learn to put themselves to sleep is like nothing else! I read this book (The Sleep Easy Solution) that really helped me with Mack, but it involves letting them "cry it out" to some extent. Mack only cried for about 5 minutes at the most (every night for about a week), and I think that's the only reason I was able to do it. Also, once they learn to put themselves to sleep, you don't get to have a sleeping, cuddly baby in your arms as often, and I really miss that. Anyway, good luck with your darling little ones!
Post a Comment