I have been swaddling Kayda's baby doll for her the last few days before we lay it in its "bassinet". Kayda decided today that she wanted to be swaddled too. At first she was trying to have me do it with her favorite baby blanket but of course she has grown considerably and it just isn't sufficient for the job any longer. So I got a big purple blanket we have and swaddled her. Once she was swaddled she decided that she wanted to hold her baby, of course her arms are tucked in so that meant the her baby got tucked in as well. She didn't want to be held by either Daddy or Mommy and she didn't want to lay on the floor or in the bean bag chair so I set her in her Dora chair. Well, being the determined little girl that she is she decided that she didn't want to be there any more so she got on the floor and actually managed to stand up and "walk" around in her blanket! I think she is going to be a professional potato sack racer!
Kayda has developed a fake smile. It cracks me up because it is most definitely NOTHING like her real smiles!
Dillon is becoming more and more independent. He is still very attached to me but he's starting to crawl around after things and explore. I was down on the floor trying to take pictures of him crawling and he decided he was interested in the camera so I got a VERY close one but I think it's cute. He's getting really FAST now it's amazing! Today we were going to have a barbecue/cake thing for Daddy's birthday but he wasn't feeling well. He's got a cold that knocked him out for an extra couple of hours this morning and left him feeling dizzy whenever he stood up the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment