Yesterday was Dillon's kindergarten orientation. Most of it was just information for the parents but they got to spend some time in with an actual kindergarten class. They read a story, made rainbow fish and then sand a silly goldfish song. Dillon was hesitant to get in on the action at first but in the end he had a great time. He and I sat down an had an extended conversation about how kindergarten works. Here they either go Monday, Wednesday every other Friday or Tuesday, Thursday every other Friday. However, they offer a few classes that go Monday through Friday. You have to enter your child's name into a lottery to get into it. I needed to know if that was something he wanted to do. We talked about everything I could think of, the fact he wouldn't be with Mommy during the week, he would ride the bus to and from school every day with Kayda, he wouldn't see her at recess, etc. He decided that he wanted to go the full week. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. It makes me sad to think I would barely see the older two during the week, that and I have no clue what to do alone with a (will be) two year old for five full days a week. I'm not ready for Kayda to switch back to five days a week and now I may very well lose them both in the same year. Despite my misgivings, we try really hard to make sure the kids feel like they get to make choices in their lives so his name has been entered into the lottery. What is supposed to happen will happen I suppose, we'll find out the end of June. Here are a few pictures from his orientation!

Don't ask me what those kiddos are doing, the point is that Daddy was able to come down and be with Dillon on his big day!
This little guy is pretty comfortable at this school, his preschool is right behind it and we ride our bikes here to play on the playground (Kayda is obsessed with the monkey bars).
Coloring his fish!
Swimming like a fish for the goldfish dance!
No comments:
Post a Comment