Friday, May 3, 2013

Gah! More Outside!

I didn't realize I had some outside pictures on the other camera and I couldn't possibly miss any pictures!!!  Having Dillon in preschool Tuesday-Thursday and Kayda at school Monday/Wednesday every other Friday has been wonderful.  It's hard in some ways, there is no consistency in the schedule but in others it has been wonderful.  While Kayda was going to school and Dillon wasn't he and Carson really started to form a bond.  Carson would follow him around everywhere and Dillon did an excellent job playing with him.  But as soon as Kayda and Dillon were together Carson was on the outs.  Now that there are two days a week with just Kayda and Carson they have really started to bond as well.  Carson adores his big sissy, she is a great big sister too.  She likes to help him eat and when he cries she'll go "It's okay Carson" in a high-pitched, just for babies, voice that adults do.  It's wonderful.  And though there are still days that the two big kids want to play on their own, it is becoming more and more frequent that he gets to play too.




Grandma and Papa G knew I was thinking of planting some fruit trees so when they found them for a really good price while out shopping they picked us up some.  For the longest time they looked like we took three sticks and stuck them in the ground! But here they are!  We didn't kill them!!!

 This is one of the cherry trees, either bing or rainier, I don't remember where I planted which.

 Here's the other cherry tree!

And the apple tree (fuji).  It has the coolest velvety leaves! (at least right now it does).  

Unfortunately we don't get to enjoy the fruit until a couple of summers from now, I've read that I'm supposed to pluck off blossoms for two years so that the roots can get really strong.  I've already had to pluck two blossoms off the first cherry tree I showed, of course it's the tree with the least foliage so it cracked me up that it's the one with flowers!

No comments: